As a follow-up to a very good conversation about supporting SoTL at Pratt, here are a couple follow-ups that I’d like to share with the community:
Additional recommendations from the group:
- Consider a session about ‘how to publish’
- Ask a librarian to facilitate a workshop for faculty on reference management
- Continue thinking about what does scholarship in the art and design fields look like, how is it different from regular research/scholarship in its approach to lit review, evidence, etc.
- Consider alternative ways to share our SoTL work, perhaps using videos and other multimodal ways of showing our work.
- Create a compensation for adjuncts that encourages them to get involved