This semester we will be reading ‘Integrating Mindfulness into Anti-Oppression Pedagogy – Social Justice in Higher Education‘ by Beth Berila. At each Reading Circle session we will talk about one selected chapter from this book and discussing challenges and implications for our classroom and studio teaching practices. We’ll ask the participants to read the chapter ahead of time. We look forward to a thoughtful exchange with many of you at these events, grounded in contemporary literature on Pedagogy!
RSVP now for Reading Circle sessions at the Center for Teaching and Learning. A light lunch will be provided.
Here is the schedule for the semester:
- Wednesday, September 11 at noon – Mindful Anti-Oppression Pedagogy
- Wednesday, September 25 at noon – Bringing the Body Back In
- Wednesday, October 9 at noon – Recognizing and Unlearning Internalized Oppression
- Wednesday, October 23 at noon – Dismantling Privilege with Mindful Listening
- Wednesday, October 30 at noon – Reframing Student Resistance as Mindful Dissonance
- Wednesday, November 13 at noon – Critiques and Challenges of Mindful Anti-Oppression Pedagogy
PLEASE NOTE: THIS EVENT SUPPORTS THE PRATT FOOD PANTRY, participants upon arrival, please consider donating one non-perishable item: https://prattctl.com/ctl-supports-the-food-pantry/