Pratt’s CTL supports the professional development of faculty in collaboration with many departments at the Institute:
- The Office of the Provost shapes and supports all aspects of academic life at Pratt, with the aim of creating an inclusive and engaging environment that allows students, staff and faculty to do their best work.
- The Office of Human Resources provides training and resources related to workplace policies and procedures. HR is committed to the principles of confidentiality, sensitivity, and respect in serving Pratt employees, candidates for employment, and other members of the Pratt community.
- The Office of Diversity and Equity and Inclusion partners with internal and external stakeholders to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment for all students, faculty, staff and alumni. The Center for Equity and Inclusion; the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Council; and the Diversity Advocates training program report to the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
- The Pratt IT Division is comprised of four departments: Academic Computing, Enterprise Systems, Interactive Services and the Interdisciplinary Technology Lab, providing services such as Moodle LMS training, Classroom Technologies and Computer Lab Support.
- The Center for Career and Professional Development strives to inspire, support, and educate students and alumni to develop their full potential as creative entrepreneurs, locate staff and freelance opportunities, and succeed as fine art practitioners. The Center develops resources and programs to foster meaningful connections between students, alumni, and industry.
Get involved with the CTL
Pratt’s Center for Teaching and Learning is a community of engaged, inspired, and reflective faculty who understand that learning is a social process and happens best in a group. This is a call for presenters or proposals for workshops, collaborations or co-sponsored events at the Center for Teaching and Learning.
Consider submitting your proposal for this and the upcoming semester.
Suggest a Topic for Future Workshops
What topics or themes do you want to see future CTL programming to focus on?
What teaching and learning conferences should Pratt faculty attend?
What books or journals related to teaching and learning should we subscribe to or order?
Who should we invite as a speaker on teaching, learning or assessment?
This website is meant as an online extension of our teaching and learning community. Please provide your feedback and suggestions on how to improve it.
- How to make the navigation more straight forward?
- What other content would you be useful to you?
- How can we improve the visuals and layout?
Or any other comments or suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance!
Invite Me: My Classroom Door is Open
Invite me to your class! I would love to experience what Pratt students are learning in the classrooms and studios! If it’s not too much of a distraction, would you please invite me to your class this semester?
Send me an email with a subject: “My Classroom Doors are Open” and let me know when (date and time) and where (classroom/studio location), and I will be there!
- Basem Aly
- Chris Jensen
- Chris Sula
- Greg Drasler
- Janice Robertson
- Jenny Lee