The Center for Teaching and Learning in collaboration with the Office of the Provost hosts a virtual New Faculty Orientation at the start of each semester.
Click here to review the answers from our Q&A session at Fall 2022 New Faculty Orientation!
The Spring 2023 New Faculty Orientation will take place virtually on:
January 12, 2023 (Thursday) from 10-11:30 am
The Spring 2023 New Faculty reading group the New Inclusive Classroom (based on the book The New College Classroom by C.Davidson and Ch. Katopodis) will take place on:
1. January 23 from 3:30 – 4:30
2. January 30, from 3:30 – 4:30
3. February 6, from 3:30 – 4:30
Registration link for the Online series.
Thursdays (in person)
1. January 26 from 3:00 – 4:00
2. February 2, from 3:00 – 4:00
3. February 9, from 3:00 – 4:00
Registration link for the In Person series.
The virtual orientation will be devoted to introducing you to Pratt Institute overall, the supports provided to faculty and students, as well as getting to know each other better while building continuous support and connections that will help you succeed in teaching, researching and thriving at Pratt.
Additional support includes:
- This semester, we are offering two Canvas Q&A sessions. Watch these recordings before the session to learn about Canvas, and join this Q&A hour to ask specific questions. RSVP at the links below!
- Supporting Faculty Series: Want to learn more about the various offices and departments at Pratt who are here to support you? Click here to explore our self-paced online Supporting Faculty series.
- Pedagogy Refresh: New to teaching, or want a refresher? Click here for Pedagogy Refresh, our self-paced online series, exploring pedagogical topics and concrete strategies that can be used in your classes.
- Lesson Planning Workshop: Creating Significant Learning Experiences for Students – February 1, 12:00-2:00pm