Supporting Faculty Series
Recordings and resources here!
The Pratt Institute Libraries and the Center for Teaching and Learning offer this panel discussion about how open access models of publishing and knowledge sharing promote community building. Our panelists include Amy Ballmer of Pratt Institute Libraries, Shannon Mattern of UPenn, and Benjamin Tiven of Library Stack (which has just published Shannon’s newest OA essay “Reparative Redaction”).
Community Based Conversations: Renee Ortega’s (Creative Arts Therapy) 2023 CTL Fellows project discusses intercultural communication and Pratt’s standing as a part of the rich and vibrant surrounding Brooklyn community.
Recording from Writing Skills for Students in the School of Information with Rebecca Evanhoe
By popular demand, we’re hosting another AI and the Classroom Interactive Conversation this semester – and we’re extending it to a 90 minute session! Click here for more information.
Following the Supreme Court’s recent rulings on affirmative action, the CTL and Office of DEI are co-hosting a two-part, participant-led and CTL+DEI-guided Interactive Conversation. In this first part, we will discuss the historical and legal context for these rulings and the potential institutional and classroom implications for our campus, our colleagues, our students, and ourselves.
Links to Outside Resources
- Pedagogies and Strategies (Vanderbilt CTL)
- Teaching Resources (Columbia CTL)
- Guide for Inclusive Teaching at Columbia (Columbia CTL)
- Inclusive Teaching (Brown H.W.Sheridan CTL)
- Assess Teaching and Learning (Carnegie Mellon CTL)
- Teaching Resources (Harvard D.Bok CTL)
- Course Design (Boston College CTE)
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (Georgetown CNdLS)
- Ideas for Teaching (Yale Poorvu CTL)
- What is SoTL (Elon U)
Teaching & Learning Library
The Teaching & Learning Library is a collaboration between the Center for Teaching and Learning and the Library to provide access to books and other resources that promote and support pedagogical development on campus. These resources are available both in the collection as well as at the CTL office and cover a range of topics and interests.
Use the CTL Libguide to access:
- The Teaching and Learning book collection
- Journals for Scholarship of Teaching and Learning research
- Selected articles and web-guides on teaching strategies and theory
- Library resources, databases and research help