Supporting Faculty Series
Virtual Research Caves (VIRC) are focused working sessions, offered through the CTL for Pratt faculty to support research and writing SoTL work within a community. VIRCs are scheduled approximately once per month and are structured to enable focused progress on your work, with an added community accountability for your efforts.
Thanks for joining us for the Fireside Chat on AI and the Classroom with Jessica J. and Zeina Abi Assy. Click here to view the recording.
Thank you for joining us on April 20th for this Faculty Spotlight with Daisuke Endo, where he shared some strategies
Jessica J. and Zeina Abi Assy will be in conversation with each other about the role of AI in the classroom, and in the world. The advancement in AI technology has put generative AI tools at our fingertips today, so what are the challenges and opportunities that we are faced with and how can we go about them?
Recording from Faculty Spotlight: Leading with a lie – Scientific inquiry, skepticism, and information access
Click here to view the recording from the Faculty Spotlight with Damon Chaky.
Faculty spotlight with Daisuke Endo – April 20, 2pm. Click here for more information!
Links to Outside Resources
- Pedagogies and Strategies (Vanderbilt CTL)
- Teaching Resources (Columbia CTL)
- Guide for Inclusive Teaching at Columbia (Columbia CTL)
- Inclusive Teaching (Brown H.W.Sheridan CTL)
- Assess Teaching and Learning (Carnegie Mellon CTL)
- Teaching Resources (Harvard D.Bok CTL)
- Course Design (Boston College CTE)
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (Georgetown CNdLS)
- Ideas for Teaching (Yale Poorvu CTL)
- What is SoTL (Elon U)
Teaching & Learning Library
The Teaching & Learning Library is a collaboration between the Center for Teaching and Learning and the Library to provide access to books and other resources that promote and support pedagogical development on campus. These resources are available both in the collection as well as at the CTL office and cover a range of topics and interests.
Use the CTL Libguide to access:
- The Teaching and Learning book collection
- Journals for Scholarship of Teaching and Learning research
- Selected articles and web-guides on teaching strategies and theory
- Library resources, databases and research help