Supporting Faculty Series
Faculty spotlight with Daisuke Endo – April 20, 2pm. Click here for more information!
We are very excited to announce the 2023 CTL Summer Playground Institute that will run for 6 synchronous half days and 2 asynchronous days in mid-May. We invite all Pratt colleagues to join us for Imaginative Teaching, a playful community centered around exploring how classroom pedagogy can be considered through the lens of creative practices. Click here for more information!
Click here to view newly recorded short videos to help you with Canvas LMS, on the following topics:
-Finding your course on Canvas
-Adding your syllabus to a Canvas course
-Publishing a course & using “Student View”
-How to use Modules to organize the files, assignments, and other information for your course
-Changing the left-side navigation of your course
-Creating a “Home Page” / “Welcome Page” for your course
Pratt faculty and staff members can join the Academic Resilience Consortium using our institutional membership. Go to https://academicresilience.org/member-register/ and select
We present our upcoming Faculty Learning Community: Difficult Conversations (FLC.DC) as an opportunity to reflect on times when difficult topics have come up, within larger class topics or as part of the unplanned generative discussions in the classroom. We hope that you’ll join this community with openness, as we work together to research possible modes of engaging with challenging topics ourselves and in the classroom while maintaining empathetic and inclusive environments for all students.
Leading with a lie: Scientific inquiry, skepticism, and information access in a General Education Core science class
Date and Time: April 5, 12:30-1:30 (virtual) RSVP here In the first week of his undergraduate Science and Society course,
Thank you for joining us for this faculty spotlight on March 6th, where Anna Phillip and Caroline Matthews shared their
Links to Outside Resources
- Pedagogies and Strategies (Vanderbilt CTL)
- Teaching Resources (Columbia CTL)
- Guide for Inclusive Teaching at Columbia (Columbia CTL)
- Inclusive Teaching (Brown H.W.Sheridan CTL)
- Assess Teaching and Learning (Carnegie Mellon CTL)
- Teaching Resources (Harvard D.Bok CTL)
- Course Design (Boston College CTE)
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (Georgetown CNdLS)
- Ideas for Teaching (Yale Poorvu CTL)
- What is SoTL (Elon U)
Teaching & Learning Library
The Teaching & Learning Library is a collaboration between the Center for Teaching and Learning and the Library to provide access to books and other resources that promote and support pedagogical development on campus. These resources are available both in the collection as well as at the CTL office and cover a range of topics and interests.
Use the CTL Libguide to access:
- The Teaching and Learning book collection
- Journals for Scholarship of Teaching and Learning research
- Selected articles and web-guides on teaching strategies and theory
- Library resources, databases and research help